The Friendly Inn
The Friendly Inn Residential Care Home opened in 1999 following a careful and sympathetical conversion from a Public House to provide extremely high quality accommodation.
The home is located on the edge of a residential development overlooking green belt land with meandering stream and woodland areas. The local villages of Marston Green and Chelmsley Wood are just a short walk away.
The home has 30 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities having undergone various extensions and improvements over the years. Of these, 24 bedrooms enjoy the comfort and reliability of underfloor heating. All bedrooms enjoy pleasant views of either the garden, courtyard or surrounding greenbelt areas while some ground floor rooms have their own access straight into the communal gardens.
The Friendly Inn provides a secure and safe environment for residents, who are free to access all communal areas of the home enabling them to choose how and where they spend their time with the reassurance that staff are at hand to provide the level of support appropriate to them.
Facilities & Services
- 30 Individually designed bedrooms with en-suite
- Many bedrooms also incorporate adjoining sitting areas or mini conservatories with garden views
- Majority of bedrooms underfloor heated
- 8 person Shaft Lift
- TV points and telephone points in all rooms
- Communal phone
- 2 large lounges
- Separate dining room
- Quiet / Sensory Room
- Library / Reading Area
- Doctor retainer service which includes personal visits
- 16 camera external CCTV system
- Extensive gardens and amenity space
- Disabled access to all areas
- Ample car parking for visitors and staff
- Private visitors room
- Personalised care packages to meet individual needs and preferences
- 24hr nurse call system
- Fire alarm system compliant to L1 Specification
- Free WiFi Internet Access
- Mobile Library Service;
- Optician Service / Dentist / Chiropodist Service;
- Home cooked meals and freshly baked cakes
- Choice of menu with all individual tastes and diets catered for
- Laundering service for residents clothes included (specialist or dry cleaning by arrangement)
- Various Entertainment including regular visiting Singers, Exersise/ mobility groups and seasonal celebrations
- Hair Salon attended by professional staff
- Friends and family are always welcome
Our Facebook page is a simple but effective tool for us to keep our residents families and friends up to date with the day to day activity within the home.
With our residents permissions we advertise the day to day activity and special events at the home so that families and friends who live near and far can keep in touch as much as possible.
To keep up to date with current affairs please click the like button below to follow our page.
The Friendly Inn and Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre work closely together supporting our residents to enjoy the facilities and services our local community has to offer.
Every month Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre host a coffee morning for our residents or an activity based around what the community centre has to offer.
Our residents have enjoyed a Christmas meal in the ASDA restaurant and a tea party in Lillies Tea Parlour.
Which the range and variety of shops the possibilities are an exciting addition to the activities our residents can enjoy.
Thank you, Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre.
See you next month!
We are delighted that our local Co-operative Travel have appointed The Friendly Inn as their ‘Keeping It Local’ charity of choice for 2019.
Site manager Lynn Davies and her colleagues will be involved in various fund raisers through out the year and asking that donations are made in store each time potential holiday goers take away travel brochures from in store.
The Co-operative’s commitment to be at the very heart of local life, ensures that they are truly community owned, community led and community rewarding.